I am a strategist, experience designer, creative communicator and problem solver motivated by achieving outcomes that are socially good. I am passionate advocate for human centred design and the power of technology to make people’s lives better – I love working with businesses and teams to uncover its potential.
I’m also endlessly curious and a committed explorer of ideas, innovations and new ways to imagine the future. I am currently researching, exploring, writing or thinking a lot about:
- Women, gender and the tech industry
- Design thinking for physical space and visitor experience
- Creativity and constraint
- Digital inclusion
Aside from writing, in my spare time I also illustrate, run my creative blog and volunteer as community manager for Startup Adelaide.
My career to date has been diverse. I’ve worked as a librarian, spent time as a researcher at a NGO in Johannesburg, led advertising strategy for national clients, managed strategic communications for large government departments and led enterprise-wide digital transformation strategies.
Along the way I’ve picked up a first class honours degree in Politics, a Masters in Journalism, a Diploma in Project Management and am also a Certified Practicing Marketer.
I’m currently part of the team helping to launch MOD. the University of South Australia’s new futuristic museum of discovery. I am so excited about this project and what it means for South Australia – these days you can find me applying human centred design to define our visitor experience, plan our opening and develop our exhibitions for 2018 and beyond.
Some of the things I have done
I’ve been lucky enough to have had the chance to drive a diverse range of projects – here’s just a few:
- Visitor experience and exhibition design at MOD.
- Service and Experience Design for SA Water to improve customer experience across billing and faults service including the design of a new website and customer account portal.
- Customer Experience, Digital Transformation, Brand and Social Media Strategies for SA Water
- Leading the design, development and launch of Kauwi Interpretive Centre at the Adelaide Desalination Plant
- Development of three educational ‘serious games’ for SA Water – one of these games has won two international awards
- Communications and Digital Policy for the South Australian Government
- Advertising, Brand and Media Strategies for a range of clients including Stockland Trust, Homestart Finance, TAFE SA and Department of the Premier and Cabinet.
Publications + Speaking Engagements
You can find out more about what I have done here.